Knights of Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
HP Webmasters Community
VOTE FOR US
VOTE FOR US
EVERY VOTE COUNTS
MORE VOTES
=
MORE MEMBERS!

Harry Potter Topsites

Top SciFi Fantasy Sites
Top Site Lists

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Admins

Harry Potter Music
Christmas at Hogwarts
Hedwigs Theme
Prologue

To Get the best out of
this
Open a NEW TAB [Page]
This way.. you can have
music on while posting

More coming Soon

Marauders Map
Top posters
Pandora Gryffindor
Professor Aurora Merrythought Vote_lcapProfessor Aurora Merrythought Voting_barProfessor Aurora Merrythought Vote_rcap 
Hunter Niall
Professor Aurora Merrythought Vote_lcapProfessor Aurora Merrythought Voting_barProfessor Aurora Merrythought Vote_rcap 
Professor R.J.Lupin
Harry James Potter
Hermione Jean Granger
Gabriel-demorre
Shadow wolf
Sirius Black
Harriate-L-Riddle
Nymphadora Tonks
The Weekly Prophet
Welcome
 to the
 Weekly
Prophet Office
Read All the Up-to-date
NEWS
&
Issues Here
~~~~~~

Chat Box
Events

Seasonal Infomation

December

Snow         XMAS!

Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Divination Crystal Ball
Promote Our Site
Add
Knights Of Hogwarts
To
Your Site

Copy The Image Above
Http: address is
Embedded

or

Ask a Admin for the HTML
In Exchance we will
add your site to ours
!

*Afflicates*

Professor Aurora Merrythought

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female
Number of posts : 65
Year : Graduated
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Social Status: Single
My Other Half: Levi Merrythought (Deceased)
Animagus: Raven

Professor Aurora Merrythought Empty
PostSubject: Professor Aurora Merrythought   Professor Aurora Merrythought Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:21 pm

My full name is Professor Aurora Celestia Merrythought. I am the professor of Astronomy at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. I am very compassionate about my teaching and pride myself in my leadership skills. I am rarely seen at the great hall eating with my collegues, I much rather spend my time with the planets and stars.

When I was at Hogwarts myself, I was placed in the Ravenclaw house and took an immediate shine to Astronomy. I also advanced in defensive, herbological and passive magical abilities.

When It came time to chose my later of career, I chose Aurora. I passed my assesments to become an Aurora and according to the Minister for Magic "she passed with flying colours", quite literally. I then was promoted, yet still remained my position as Aurora to the Head of the Department of Mysteries at the ministry and continued my work there.

As I advanced through the ministry, It came to a point where I decided to resign from my post within the ministry of magic, but still keep my job as an aurora, and move on to Hogwarts, I gained the roll of the Astronomy professor at Hogwarts and I began teaching, my favourite subject. I still fill in as a supply teacher for defence against the dark arts, potions and charms.

I bought my wand from obvious, Ollivanders, and is made of Elm, 9" long exactly, the core is star dust, unicorn hair and pheonix hair, making it reasonably powerful. It is brilliant when using charms, enchanting potions and defensive magic. I was bullied alot at school, for being an exceptional performer in Astronomy, personally, I think people were jelous. I learnt to ignore this people, and just get on with life.

I used to be an extremely good flyer but for some reason 'lost my touch'. I used to play as seeker in the Ravenclaw quidditch team in my 6th Year. In my Newts I took the time to study and prepare, and passed all of them, with the exception of two 'Exceeds Expectations' but all the others were passed as outstanding. I didn't take Aviation, Arithmacy and History of Magic though, thank Merlin for that, I might of died of bordom in those lessons. But, although it was hard work, it paid of in the end.

I'm not sure if I mentioned the fact, that I worked in Auckdale School of Witchcraft, an all girls academy for magic. I taught charms there for a while, as they did not teach Astronomy at the school. Which is where I met a certain girl named Alexis Riddle, who had attempted murder on myself. I then jumped at the chance to become a teacher at Hogwarts after Professor Sinistra departed and retired from magical teaching.

My blood status is pure blood, my mother was Esteria Merrythought and my father was Levi Merrythought. My grandmother was called Galatea Merrythought, she taught defense against the dark arts for 50 years at Hogwarts School. She is also why i decided to teach at Hogwarts, I do not care what blood status people are, it's the knowledge and kindness that counts.

Family History

Father: My father was called Levi Ambrose Merrythought. He was a ministry official and worked in the ministry. He attended Hogwarts, he was placed in the Hufflepuff house, not surprisingly. He became head boy and went on to study History of Magic and Arithmacy, where he gained Outstanding. It was not his intention at first to work for the ministry, he wanted to be a representative of Hogwarts for the Beuxbatons Academy of Magic. He then applied and became trainee Ministry Official, when he had finally passed all his training he worked in the court houses, as the senior undersecretary of the minister.

Mother: My mother was called Esteria Merrythought, she was also pure blood just like my father. She attended Hogwarts, where she met my father, she was placed in the Ravenclaw house. She was extremely intellectual, intelligent and knowledgeable. In her N.E.W.T exams she passed all, take note of Herbology and Potions. She then went to the Dumstrang School of Magic to assist the Potions teacher. She then was sacked for unknown reasons, possibly because Hogwarts and Dumstrang were in a time of hostility, to Dumstrang focusing on the dark arts. So then she started her own shop in Hogsmeade, which sold all kinds of
herbs, they particularly stocked Hogwarts for the Herbology Department.

Grandmother: My grandmother was called Galatea Merrythought. She taught Defence against the dark arts at Hogwarts school for 50 years. She was teaching at the time Thomas Marvolo Riddle was attending the school. She was head of Ravenclaw, and she had passed all NEWTS in all subjects, which was why she was given the job. She wasn't strict in anyway, she was always found jolly, happy and excited.

Spouse

Levi Merrythought - Levi Merrythought is the third cousin of Aurora, he was her everything, they married at the age of 19 and were planning of having a child until he was tragically killed by a death eater attack at the ministry, he worked in the Department of Mysteries, a colleague of Aurora at the time. After he died, Aurora decided to go into teaching to get her mind of the whole catastrophe.

Actor used to portray character:
Zooey Deschanel

Last edited by Aurora Merrythought on Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=8106409341
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Character sheet
Social Status: Engaged
My Other Half: Pandora Gryffindor
Animagus: Owl

PostSubject: Re: Professor Aurora Merrythought   Professor Aurora Merrythought Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:53 pm

ACCEPTED, welcome to the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pandora Gryffindor
Headmistress
Pandora Gryffindor

Female
Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Character sheet
My Other Half: Hunter Niall
Animagus: Black Panther

PostSubject: Re: Professor Aurora Merrythought   Professor Aurora Merrythought Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:19 am

I'm sorry but you cannot just appoint yourself to certian status's on this Harry Potter forum. Those postions must be earned by active members and gave out to the members by administators only. (Please edit your character bio.)

You cannot be Head of Ravenclaw, unless the staff of this forum selects that for position for you. This wouldn't be fair to our other loyal active members. You may have a trail of 30 days to teach astronamy, once your lessons have been approved by me.

In the future. Please ask me before placing yourself as heads of positions and a Professor from now on.

I cannot accept this bio as it is.

Thank You,

Head of Forum and Owner,

Pandora
Back to top Go down
http://knightsofhogwarts.friendhood.net
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Character sheet
My Other Half: Pandora Gryffindor
Animagus: Owl

PostSubject: Re: Professor Aurora Merrythought   Professor Aurora Merrythought Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 am

aww Pandora, no need to be so formal, lol, I have read her posts, she seems great, but your the boss Very Happy lol, 30 day lesson trial then
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Social Status: Single
My Other Half: Levi Merrythought (Deceased)
Animagus: Raven

PostSubject: Apology   Professor Aurora Merrythought Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm really sorry. Crying or Very sad

It's edited now.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=8106409341
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professor Aurora Merrythought   Professor Aurora Merrythought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Professor Aurora Merrythought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights of Hogwarts :: Character Creation :: Non Canons-
Jump to: