Knights of Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
HP Webmasters Community
VOTE FOR US
VOTE FOR US
EVERY VOTE COUNTS
MORE VOTES
=
MORE MEMBERS!

Harry Potter Topsites

Top SciFi Fantasy Sites
Top Site Lists

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Admins

Harry Potter Music
Christmas at Hogwarts
Hedwigs Theme
Prologue

To Get the best out of
this
Open a NEW TAB [Page]
This way.. you can have
music on while posting

More coming Soon

Marauders Map
Top posters
Pandora Gryffindor
Astronomy Tower Description Vote_lcapAstronomy Tower Description Voting_barAstronomy Tower Description Vote_rcap 
Hunter Niall
Astronomy Tower Description Vote_lcapAstronomy Tower Description Voting_barAstronomy Tower Description Vote_rcap 
Professor R.J.Lupin
Harry James Potter
Hermione Jean Granger
Gabriel-demorre
Shadow wolf
Sirius Black
Harriate-L-Riddle
Nymphadora Tonks
The Weekly Prophet
Welcome
 to the
 Weekly
Prophet Office
Read All the Up-to-date
NEWS
&
Issues Here
~~~~~~

Chat Box
Events

Seasonal Infomation

December

Snow         XMAS!

Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
Divination Crystal Ball
Promote Our Site
Add
Knights Of Hogwarts
To
Your Site

Copy The Image Above
Http: address is
Embedded

or

Ask a Admin for the HTML
In Exchance we will
add your site to ours
!

*Afflicates*

Astronomy Tower Description

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female
Number of posts : 65
Year : Graduated
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Social Status: Single
My Other Half: Levi Merrythought (Deceased)
Animagus: Raven

Astronomy Tower Description Empty
PostSubject: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:33 pm

The Astronomy Tower is a weird and wonderful place, the entrance to the tower is accessible only through a large, sturdy oak door, once through you must make your way through the winding, stone staircase up the to the top, when there is another door, made of Willow wood, with cast iron hinges and an ice-cold, iron doorhandle.

The room is lit by candlelight, with a few telescopes by the windows, textbooks on the desk of Professor Merrythought, there is the feeling of an unbroken silence, the calls of Ravens from the Hogwarts grounds fills the night sky. The walls are made of cobbled stone, some decorations have been put up, by Professor Merrythought and the window panes are dusty, a few quills still left on them.

The roof is domed, a charm been placed on it to look like the night sky, a sign just above the door frame reads "Anything can happen, when you believe".

There was a store room, just to the side of the tower, inside is a small textbook library and a few sheets of paper, there are two books on the desk, the titles say "Astrology: Beginners Guide" and "A complete information manual on Astronomy: Part 3." There were pictures of Rowena Ravenclaw all over the walls, scattered around the room were also pictures of the planets and stars.

Last edited by Professor A. Merrythought on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=8106409341
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Character sheet
Social Status: Engaged
My Other Half: Pandora Gryffindor
Animagus: Owl

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:07 pm

(meh hope you don't mind me posting? Very Happy)

Hunter had of course heard of ther being a new Professor he thought he might as well be customary and greet him or her, headign down the corridors, and up steps to the Astronomy tower, he climbed the numours steps with ease, he wore the unusual attire, of Muggle clothing, a white t-shirt, faded jeans and shoes, accompanied over top by wearing a black turtleneck jumper, tight fitting and hung to his frame, he tried a few times to stretch the material, but evidentaly he gave up, reaching the door, ahead he stopped and knocked a small tune of sorts on the door, and awaited an answer, casting out his senses he could detect some movement, and a magical signature, netural..calm and collected, he then knew it was a woman, still he wanted to make his greeting.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Professor Merrythought had just finished placing the last of her textbooks and charts away when she heard the knocks on the door she dropped the books she was holding. She went to the door and opened it lightly...

"Hey, come in" she said calmy, a smile appearing on her face.

She went over quickly to the books she had left on the floor and picked them up and placed them on her desk. She was wearing a pink and purple floral dress, with a white belt going across her waist. She had a pink cloak which lay on her shoulders, her long black hair rested on her back...
Back to top Go down
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 am

Hunter, stepped in the room, it was vastly huge, he hadn't been here before, he glanced around it was very..cosy almost in comparison to his own "Hello" he smiled and inclined his head a fraction and approached the woman confidently then extended his hand "Hello" he said again the added "I'm Hunter Niall, a colleage of yours I teach history of magic, I heard of a new professor, i thought i'd best come wish them luck and greeting as such" he smiled polielty his accent flawlessly British, with perhaps a very very small tinge of scottish at the edns of some words.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:25 am

Professor Merrythought raised herself of the floor carrying the books that she had dropped of the floor. She brushed herself down, thinking she looked like a mess.

"Hello professor, History of magic? Never took that as a subject" she said with a straight smile. "As you'v probably guessed, i'm the new Astronomy professor at the school" she stated.

Last edited by Professor A. Merrythought on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male
Number of posts : 294
Year : 5th
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Character sheet
Social Status: Dating
My Other Half: Ginny Weasley
Animagus: No

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:33 am

[ Same Very Happy ]

Harry groaned, he had some papers that he had to give the 'New Astronomy teacher' and always had to be careful when he was meeting new people, whether teachers or not. He didn't know how this Professor was going to act towards him. Some treated him like a human being should be and ignored his fame, some took notice but didn't bother him about it, knowing he had enough to deal with and then some, hated him and believed everything the Prophet said. He rolled his eyes, his curiosity getting the better of him and quickened his pace, nearing the Tower now. Lessons were finished so Harry was in his evening wear, jeans and shirt. His hair was as messy as ever however and his green eyes sparkled as they caught the light. He sighed once in relief as he saw the classroom door and slowed, glancing at the papers.'Professor Merrythought' He read silently, frowning. 'Lets hope shes merry, I don't need another Snape or worse.' He cleared his throat and knocked lightly on the door, stuffing his fringe over his scar quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harryhatesvoldy.bebo.com
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:20 am

Hunter bent and picked up the last book for her, and glanced at the title "ah, Iv'e read this book, very facinating" he smiled polielty and placed it on her desk "you have a wonderful class room" he added, then turned hearing a knock he knew who it was, but didn't say anything, for it wasn't his class room
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 am

She looked up at Hunter and bit her lip...

"Thank you Professor, I had better go see who knocked" she stated.

She opened the large door, with the iron handle, she opned so slightly...

"Oh hey Harry, come in" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 am

Harry blinked as the door was opened.'She knows my name..how?' He thought glancing into the eyes of the woman.'Mmm most people do though'. He shrugged it off, waving the papers around and stepped in, taking a look around."Oh..I'm sorry to bother you Professor..Merrythought, I was asked to give you these." He smiled politely and then noticed Hunter."Oh Hi Professor Niall."
Back to top Go down
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 am

Hunter chuckled seeing Harry "call me Hunter please, you know how i hate formal thigs" he waved a dissmisive hand "as I said makes me feel old" he grinned "how are you?" he asked polietly the friendly grin still remaining,
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 am

Harry smiled, his cheeks burning slightly."Okay, I only did it because were in the new Professor's company." He rolled his eyes still smiling."Your not old, but yeah." His smile turned into a grin, slightly like Hunter's and he laughed gently."Pretty good, finished my homework at last so Hermione can't take me hostage, you?"
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:13 pm

Professor Merrythought stared at the two boys as they began to take in a conversation, she went over to Harry to take the work of him...

"Thank you Harry" she stated, smile still remaining. "I'v heard alot about you at ministry" she giggled.

She then placed the work on the desk and tapped with her wand the lantern lightly, it began to emitt a small green glow, she went over to the board and touched it again with her wand, it sprung back up the hatch in the wall...

Last edited by Professor A. Merrythought on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a few parts)
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Harry felt the work been taken out of his hands and nodded once."Your welcome Professor." He murmured before his eyes narrowed."Mm, lies probably." He looked away not wanting to get angry and flashed a quick grin in Hunter's direction ignoring her giggles.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Hunter grinned back to Harry "Hermione was going to take you hostage?" he chukled and shook his head "you should be glad, you got it done then" he smiled his hands in his pockets he glanced around the room once again taking in the surroundings, it did indeed have a very homey feel.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Harry nodded."According to Ron yeah, I mean sometimes she catches us and forces us into the Library." He rolled his eyes and shrugged."I guess, though she helped alot." He winked once, it was common knowledge Hermione was the brains.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Professor Merrythought looked take back, like she had offended Harry in some way, a look of fear appeared on her face...

"I don't believe them you know, what they think of you" she exclaimed. "Accio Chair" she said calmly.

A large brown puffy sofa marched into the classroom and entered her main office...

"Just incase" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Harry frowned, his face softening."Mm, thank you." He murmured before raising an eye brow at her sudden fear?, he wasn't that scary. He glanced to the chair which had appeared and his expression became confused."Incase?"
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:46 pm

"Incase someone tries to kill me, I place the chair infront of the door" she said seriously. "Everything they say in the Daily Prophet is lies, lies and more lies about you" she stated.

The expression of fear appeared on her face as she noticed as water was dripping from the walls...

"Oh my word" she exclaimed.

She placed a bucket from underneath the desk to underneath the leak...
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Harry blinked his eye brow raising up to his hair line."Someone tries to kill you?" He repeated perplexed."I doubt I chair will stop Voldemort." He muttered frowning."Yeah I know but why would someone kill you before they tells lies about me?" He grimaced confused, he didn't like it when he didn't understand, it made him bad tempered."Listen..Professor theres nothing to be scared of." He said softly noticing again fear in her features. Harry blinked and looked to the walls."Um, simple case of raining office." He drew his wand and smirked slightly, he knew the charm well, Hermione having shouted at him."Finite Incantatem!" He said lazily, flicking his wand as the water stopped."Have any more problems use that unless that."
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Professor Merrythought stood there, motionless, mouth ajar and looked perplexed, as though someone had just slapped her round the face...

"Thank you" she said. "I'll remember that, Can I offer you some butterbeer?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Niall
Professor
Hunter Niall

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Hunter watched he frowned a fraction, the new professor was paranoid, he could tell that, by the way she moved and her inconsistancy on making things, safe almost "hmm" he said thoughtful then shook his head and smiled "Hogwarts is probably the safest place, as Gringots is" he added lightly he withdrew his hands from his pockets and picked up the book he had placed there a while ago, he flicked through it "very intresting, I know some about Astronomy, not a genius of it of course, i find the constalations absoluty facinating, and the planet allignment, of Mars, the effect the moon has on the sea, I know alot about moon phases, I have to being Wiccan" he grined looking up from the book he had been studying the pictures mainly.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Harry stepped back, looking worriedly at her, she was very odd, maybe like Professor Trelawney thought hoped she wouldn't believe he was going to die all the time."Your welcome and please." He smiled, it was good to know who to trust in front of another teacher especially. He glanced to Hunter and nodded."True, between Dumbledore and Pandora, the place is covered." He reassured her, a light grin appearing on his lips again.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Professor Merrythought went over to the small barrel that sit in the corner of the room, she retained a glass from the shelf that seemed to be floating in mid air aboe the barrel. She did two others one for herself and one for the professor. She took a deep breath of reassurence...

"One one Professor?" she said.

She peered over the professors shoulder to see what he was looking at then went over to her desk and joined her papers together...

"Did you know, a couple of years back, astronimists thought that we were moving further away from the Andromeda Galaxy, then they finally worked that eventually we would collide with it? Facinating, how the views on astronomy change all the time, new discoverys, Constellations, something you might come across in your third year" she smiled gently.
Back to top Go down
Harry James Potter
Gryffindor Student
Harry James Potter

Male

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm

Harry raised an eye brow confused again, he looked to Hunter and rolled his eyes watched him reading."Urgh." He muttered, to him books where an inconvenience and a reason for Hermione to complain."No." He admitted not having a clue what all she had said meant."I know the centaurs stargaze." He rolled his eyes and smiled slightly, leaning against one of the desks.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Merrythought
Professor
Aurora Merrythought

Female

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:48 pm

"Indeed, Centaurs are amazing creatures, I did an entire study on
them in my Care for Magical Creatures NEWT exam" she sat down.

She placed her head in her hands and drank from her glass...

"So, do you enjoy Astronomy, Harry?" she asked politely.

Last edited by Professor A. Merrythought on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astronomy Tower Description   Astronomy Tower Description Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astronomy Tower Description
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next